OUR SENIOR LEADERSHIP
Katie brings a diverse background in sales and education to the company. Katie has been involved with GTS since its inception and is the primary shareholder.
Katie brings a diverse background in sales and education to the company. Katie has been involved with GTS since its inception and is the primary shareholder. She has served on the board of directors since the company was first incorporated in 2000 and she has been instrumental in developing and implementing many of the major policies, practices, and values that provide structure for the company’s daily operations.
- Developed and implemented GTS’ strategic plan to advance the company’s mission and objectives to increase revenue, profitability and growth as an organization.
- Researched and developed GTS’ strategy for adding a partner.
- Responsible for business-based review and recommendations to the board for all potential mergers and acquisitions.
- Provided key support in the areas of Human Resources and financial affairs to GTS, including implementing new accounting software, creating GTS employee manual and developing Human Resources policies.
- Established marketing plans for directing consultants in developing GTS‘ website and SOQs.
Katie holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Management from the University of Nevada, Reno and is a member of Vistage International.
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT
Scott has worked in the natural gas industry for more than 30 years, holding positions in management, engineering and…
Executive Vice President
Scott has worked in the natural gas industry for more than 30 years, holding positions in management, engineering and supervision. He has been involved in all phases of the natural gas industry encompassing collection, transmission, distribution and customer service.
- Over 30 years of experience in the areas of operations, supervision, engineering, project management and mapping in the gas utility industry.
- Owner’s Engineer for the SMUD 24-inch pipeline extension to install gas-fired generation at the inactive Rancho Seco Nuclear Power Plant
- Instrumental in CEQA and CEC approval for large-diameter pipelines in California.
- Developed a mapping replacement project for a major West Coast utility that replaced an existing hard copy mapping system with a computer-based GIS system accessible via Internet. The project resulted in improved customer service, reduced risk and faster emergency response time.
- Served as the routing and detail engineer for numerous natural gas transmission pipeline projects.
- Introduced pipeline risk management techniques to PG&E by prioritizing all pipeline discretionary spending using risk management. Evaluated project alternatives using risk/benefit techniques.
- Reduced pipeline capital budget from approximately $70 million to $40 million over a 4-year period by aligning with actual spending and establishing a risk-based capital requirement. Absorbed $3-5 million per year of unanticipated costs associated with extreme weather during that period.
- Establishing the “idle collection facilities” retirement plan to reduce environmental risk and lower maintenance costs associated with those facilities.
- Established an internal corrosion operating department and reduced internal leaks by 60 percent in 4 years.
- Implemented a close-interval survey program and an electronic cathodic protection data management system.
- Authored a corporate gas emergency manual for a 22,000-employee gas and electric utility.
Scott holds a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Nevada, Reno. He is also registered as a Professional Engineer in California.
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Mark is a management professional with over 30 years of experience in engineering and design, operations,construction, finance and marketing…
Mark A. Cabral
Chief Operating Officer
Mark is a management professional with over 30 years of experience in engineering and design, operations, construction, finance and marketing with particular emphasis in business and project development within the midstream and downstream sectors of the natural gas industry. Mark’s experience includes serving as the General Manager of PG&E’s Queensland Gas Pipeline (Australia), Director of Energy Alliances, Vice-President and CFO for Moreno Trenching Ltd., and various mid-management engineering positions with PG&E’s gas transmission and distribution departments.
- Executive responsible for the commercial, operational and system expansion of the Queensland Gas Pipeline for PG&E, a 400-mile pipeline system in Queensland, Australia.
- Developed and expanded Moreno Trenching to take advantage of increased demand for joint trench services due to strong housing market. As General Manager and then CFO, he played a crucial role in helping Moreno Trenching triple its revenue from 1999 to 2006, and expand its employee base and service territory.
- Managed a team that provided engineering, design and management services for O&M and capital improvement for the entire 6,600 mile California transmission and gas gathering system.
- Responsible for coordinating the engineering effort associated with cutting off and sealing the gas services to thousands of homes destroyed by the Oakland Hills Fire, isolating, removing water that entered into the system, purging and restoring service to over 5,100 existing customers who had their gas shut off within 5 days of the emergency.
- Oversaw construction and installation of three major river HDD crossings, the longest being 4,000 feet, of the Sacramento/San Joaquin Delta with a 42” gas main.
Mark holds a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Santa Clara. Mark is also registered as a Professional Engineer in California and North Carolina.
VICE PRESIDENT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Joe joined GTS in 2014 after 30 years in the Utility industry. At GTS Joe is responsible to lead and manage all Business Development activities throughout the company…
Vice President Business Development
Joe joined GTS in 2014 after 30 years in the Utility industry. At GTS Joe is responsible to lead and manage all Business Development activities throughout the company. Joe has an extensive background in a variety of disciplines including engineering, maintenance, construction and operations as well as extensive experience developing and executing MAOP Validation processes. Joe is Lean Six-Sigma trained, a devout process practitioner and has a degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of California, Davis and an MBA from St. Mary’s College in Moraga, CA.
Bob has 35 years of experience in maintenance and construction of gas and electric utility infrastructure. He started as a field engineer…
Bob has 35 years of experience in maintenance and construction of gas and electric utility infrastructure. He started as a field engineer assigned to major pipeline construction and progressed to the position of Senior Director, leading a gas and electric construction and maintenance group with more than 5,000 full-time employees. Bob has extensive experience in all aspects of utility maintenance and construction including directing gas and electric major emergency response efforts.
- Developed a team of over 30 full time GTS project managers who manage and coordinate a multitude of gas transmission projects for the inspection, testing, replacement, and installation of pipelines.
- Provides consultation on the identification and deployment of Non Traditional In-Line Inspection tools and procedures to perform inspections on challenging pipelines.
- Led a significant effort to manage the completion of integrity baseline assessments, requiring identification of each location and development of an assessment plan with contingency to ensure completion of covered segments by 12/17/2012 for a large Utility.
- Led a gas and electric distribution maintenance and construction workforce of more than 5,000 full time employees providing distribution service to 4.2 million gas customers and 5.1 million electric customers over a 70,000 mile square service territory. Directly responsibility for safety, reliability, customer satisfaction, production, staffing, and employee satisfaction. Established strategic and tactical plans to achieve significant improvement in results.
- Led the maintenance and construction of electric transmission, electric substation, gas transmission, and project management groups with more than 1,200 employees performing maintenance and construction on 18,000 miles of electric transmission, 6,200 miles of gas transmission pipelines, and 900 electric substations.
- Recipient of the Shermer L. Sibley Award for Excellence in Safety and Health, awarded to organizations that achieve superior results in safety; achieved while leading an organization of 1,000 construction employees.
- Participated as a representative to an international consortium of companies focusing on breakthrough performance, resulting in the identification and implementation of performance enhancing tools and procedures.
- Led a team to identify potential solutions to stop injury due to falls from poles. Team identified and implemented industry leading two-belt climbing method that is being deployed by other utilities as a best safety practice.
- Led emergency response efforts with line authority over restoration activities for over 20 years, including response to earthquake, fire, wind, snow, heat and external impacts to facilities.
- Served as general rate case witness, providing expert testimony on gas production, storage, transmission, and distribution facilities.
Bob holds a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from California State University, Chico. He is also a registered Professional Civil Engineer in California, has attended the Utility Executive Course at the University of Idaho, and is on the board of directors for a local community non-profit.
MANAGING DIRECTOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Roger manages and leads GTS’s engineering, project management, construction management and design services offered in the Southern California area.
Managing Director of Southern California
Roger manages and leads GTS’s engineering, project management, construction management and design services offered in the Southern California area. Roger brings over three decades of gas utility pipeline infrastructure experience managing the planning, design, permitting, procurement and construction of over 700 high pressure gas pipeline and compression facilities projects throughout Southern California. Prior to joining GTS, Roger worked with Southern California Gas Company and San Diego Gas and Electric, where he was most recently serving as the Construction Manager for their 1.5 Billion dollar Pipeline Safety Enhancement Program (PSEP).
DIRECTOR ENGINEERING SERVICES
Donavon has over 14 years of engineering and project management experience with oil and gas pipelines and terminals. Donavon worked for SPEC…
DIRECTOR PROGRAM & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Jason has ten years of experience in Construction Project Management, seven of which in the natural gas pipeline industry in Engineering and Project
DIRECTOR PROGRAM & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Jason has ten years of experience in Construction Project Management, seven of which in the natural gas pipeline industry in Engineering and Project Management roles. He started as a Project Engineer assigned to various construction and engineering projects and transitioned into Project Management over the past few years while helping build the Program and Project Management department with services such as the Dig PMO, Non-Traditional In-Line Inspections and other Integrity Management services.
- Developed and expanded the Integrity Management line of business for GTS. In 4 years, grew the team of Project Managers and Engineers from 2 to 29. Instrumental in increasing the growth and revenue of department.
- Trained and developed dozens of Project Management personnel within the GTS Integrity Management Team. This includes establishing the Dig Project Management Organization and then developing both the Non-Traditional In-Line Inspection and Direct Assessment Project Management business lines
- Assumed management of the Pipeline Pathways Engineering Team. This team grew to a peak of 11 Engineers who performed Encroachment reviews based on the Client’s Pipeline Centerline Survey of approximately 6,700 miles of Transmission Pipeline. Approximately 79,000 encroachments have been reviewed since the inception of the project. Additionally, during the supervision of this department, the team was actively utilized to introduce new Engineers to GTS with productive and billable work and subsequently transitioned to the Engineering Department as experienced and trained resources.
- Personally Project Managed the first Non-Traditional Live Pipeline Deployment In-Line Inspection in 2013 for client pipeline by means of robotic, remote controlled inspection. GTS has since turned this type of work into a growing line of business.
Jason holds a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with a Minor in Manufacturing from California State University, Chico. He is also a registered Professional Mechanical Engineer in California, and a Registered Project Management Professional with the PMI Institute.