Mark Cabral, PE
Mark is a management professional with over 30 years of experience in engineering and design, operations, construction, finance and marketing with particular emphasis in business and project development within the midstream and downstream sectors of the natural gas industry. Mark’s experience includes serving as the General Manager of PG&E’s Queensland Gas Pipeline (Australia), Director of Energy Alliances, Vice-President and CFO for Moreno Trenching Ltd., and various mid-management engineering positions with PG&E’s gas transmission and distribution departments.
- Executive responsible for the commercial, operational and system expansion of the Queensland Gas Pipeline for PG&E, a 400-mile pipeline system in Queensland, Australia.
- Developed and expanded Moreno Trenching to take advantage of increased demand for joint trench services due to strong housing market. As General Manager and then CFO, he played a crucial role in helping Moreno Trenching triple its revenue from 1999 to 2006, and expand its employee base and service territory.
- Managed a team that provided engineering, design and management services for O&M and capital improvement for the entire 6,600 mile California transmission and gas gathering system.
- Responsible for coordinating the engineering effort associated with cutting off and sealing the gas services to thousands of homes destroyed by the Oakland Hills Fire, isolating, removing water that entered into the system, purging and restoring service to over 5,100 existing customers who had their gas shut off within 5 days of the emergency.
- Oversaw construction and installation of three major river HDD crossings, the longest being 4,000 feet, of the Sacramento/San Joaquin Delta with a 42” gas main.
Mark holds a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Santa Clara. Mark is also registered as a Professional Engineer in California and North Carolina.