GTS Operations During COVID-19
March 18th, 2020
Gas Transmission Systems, Inc. (GTS) is monitoring the rapidly changing environment as the Coronavirus (COVID-19) spreads and our communities respond accordingly. The health and safety of our employees, clients, vendors and our local communities is very important to us. We are heeding the CDC and local health services agencies advise that everyone should be vigilant and understanding, as the outbreak is expected to increase over the coming weeks. In addition, we are complying with all federal, state and local government requirements to quarantine or shelter in place.
GTS will continue to deliver high quality products and services to all clients throughout this event. Our remote work processes, supervisory plans, and quality control practices ensure that there will be minimal impact to GTS’ normal operations. Supervisors are checking in daily with teams to monitor assignments. Quality control is being performed via our on-line collaboration platforms. We are monitoring productivity and quality and constantly evaluating the effectiveness of remote working protocols.
To limit the impact of GTS employees and operations, we have taken the following measures:
- Employees equipped with laptops are working remotely. GTS employees have full secure access to file servers, meeting and collaboration software.
- All employees at our Walnut Creek, California office are working remotely in response to the Contra Costa County Health Office Order for all individuals living in the county to shelter at their place of residence.
- All non-essential business travel has been temporarily suspended.
- Attendance at industry conferences, workshops, outside training and other large events or gatherings has been temporarily suspended.
- Enhanced hygiene protocols have been implemented at all offices.
- Employees who have or intend to travel using mass transportation (plan, train, boat, etc.) or visited a country on the CDC’s list of COVID-19 related travel advisories are required to self-quarantine for 14 days upon return.
In addition, GTS is instructing all employees and any visitors to follow the CDC’s general health guidelines to protect themselves and limit the spread of the virus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not available a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol is a viable substitute.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and throw the tissue away.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people.
- If you are sick, or showing any of the signs of COVID-19; fever, cough or shortness of breath, stay home and call your doctor for care instruction.
In summary, GTS will ensure compliance with all federal, state and local government requirements throughout this event. In addition, GTS will be prudent to ensure the safety of our employees and anyone that we come in contact with while continuing to deliver high quality products and services.